In 1945 the Marquess of Ailsa gave Culzean Castle and its surrounding gardens and woodland to the National Trust for Scotland. He asked that part of the castle be offered to General Eisenhower, as a thank you from the Scottish people for commanding the allied forces in the battle for Europe during World War 2.
In honour of the great general’s four visits to his famous holiday home, we have put together this exclusive-use package.
The perfect setting for special occasions, birthday parties, anniversaries or retirement celebrations – and our team are on hand to create a memorable experience for your family and friends.
Exclusive-use package includes:
- 6 double bedrooms
- Full Scottish breakfast
- Traditional afternoon tea served in the elegant drawing room with uninterrupted views of the Isle of Arran
- Private ‘behind the ropes’ guided tour of the castle with our expert curatorial team, where you’ll get to see rooms and collections not usually on public display
- Aperitif – sample the local tipple, an Arran whisky cocktail, or Hendrick’s gin & tonic
- Three-course meal served in the private dining room. Our chefs will create a delicious menu using the very best of Ayrshire & Arran’s local and seasonal produce
- Luxury bath robes and toiletries in every room
- 24hr concierge service
Upgrade your stay:
- Champagne afternoon tea (£25pp)
- Meet the head gardener – take a tour of the walled garden and get some hints and tips to take back to your own plot! (£35pp)
- Ranger guided tour of the country park, including the chance to feed the deer and llamas (£35pp)
- Guided cave tour – don a hard hat and explore Culzean’s subterranean secret world (£120pp)
- Use of the castle’s State Dining Room for dinner (£250)
- Private local gin or whisky tasting in the Armoury (POA)
The opportunities don’t end there – from local transfers, outdoor pursuits and golf bookings to cakes, picnics and themed menus, we’re here to take the stress out of party planning. Whatever you need, we can make it happen!
For more information and to book please email [email protected] or call 01655 884455.
President Eisenhower is part of the story of Culzean Castle, but so are you. By booking the Culzean Castle Experience you’re supporting our vital conservation work to help us protect Scotland’s heritage for current and future generations to enjoy. Thank you!